Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I have difficulty to pay my bills and credit cards becouse

Hi,I have difficulty to pay my bills and credit cards becouse of temporary illness and no income to mu husband.Stepchange advice me to go on temporary rest with creeditor but I feel insecure about how this gonna effect my life.Can you givee advice please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Leicester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I am sorry to hear about your this. The only downside I can see could be that your credit score could be lowered. This is because you'll be paying less than the originally agreed amount, which will be shown on your credit report. Reduced payments will show you're having difficulty repaying what you owe, so lenders may see you as high-risk. On the other hand any payment plan is better than a default!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

There is no payment left behind,but once I pay all there is no money to cover living cost till next wage, so just insecure what kind of help to choose without affecting my credit score

I understand and I am sorry you are going through this. If there is any arrangement - there will be a footprint in your credit file. However, it always looks better than a default. Fell free to ask me any related questions. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

My situation is gonna be like this for maybe 2 months do you think it's OK to do this temporary rest or there is other solution

I can't advise on this. I am a lawyer, not a financial advisor. If a third party advised you that this is the best course of action I have no reason to doubt it.