How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 406
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

My question is about pre-settled status for EU nationals. My

This answer was rated:

Good morning. My question is about pre-settled status for EU nationals. My boyfriend, who is an EU National, has been living with me at my place since before 31 December 2020. He continues to work remotely for a company based in the EU but has been searching for a job in London during this time. Would he be eligible for the pre-settled status? Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No paper work has been filed. I live in England under a work visa. My citizenship is Ukrainian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the work visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. As your boyfriend is an EU citizen, he can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.He started living in the UK before 31.12.20 so he is eligible. He would need to prove that he was in the UK before 1.1.21 and as long as he has the relevant evidence he is fine. The fact that he is working for a company in the EU should not be material here. The very fact that he has been residing in the UK is sufficient. He can apply to the scheme here . Please remember this has to be done before 30.6.21.

I hope this helps. Fell free to ask me any follow up questions. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your response. What evidence of residing in the UK would he need to present to count as sufficient? He does not have a bank account here , technically does not pay the utility bills here as they are under my name...

Anything which can prove he stayed at a relevant address. Any letters with his name and address would help. I hope this answer's your questions. If you need me to clarify just fire away.

Marcinlondon and other Law Specialists are ready to help you