Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

A property management company lists our private property on

A property management company lists our private property on booking .com. We have given the manadatory 3 months notice to the management company as we will manage the property ourselves. They are saying as the property is is listed on booking .com by themselves it can not be transferred back to us.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: we are waiting as our 3 months is up on the 17th may. We have had correspondence from the management company stating they will not relinquish the property from booking .com until all their booking have been completed which is the 13thdecember. They are saying that as of 17th may all dates will be blocked , it will not be shown on booking .com search ,they will keep ownership of the account . Which means we can’t list it until all their bookings are complete .
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Padstow cornwall
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

Thank you for your patience. Can you please clarify what your question is? Are you trying to terminate the contract with management company?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The management company says we can’t have our property’s listing on booking.com as they have it until their last customer has been and stayed (December 2021) even though our agreement has ended with them on the 17th may. Which means we can’t list our property with booking .com until December . Is this right?

If the contract with the management company states so then you are limited in this way i.e. can't list it until December 2021.

Check what your termination rights are. Maybe you can terminate?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I send you a copy of the contract

You can but this would be payable as part of premium service.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your time but I think the issue has been resolved . Just had a visit from the property management company . That have agreed to altering the t&c ‘s . Thank you again . Great service , but I will cancel my subscription now . Regards Sarah

I am glad I could help. I am happy this is now resoled. Thank you for using our service and please do not forget to contact JA customer service to ensure your subscription is cancelled.