How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 406
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

Looking for parent British details of when they gained

This answer was rated:

looking for parent British details of when they gained citizenship in UK
JA: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do they live in? If different, what is their citizenship?
Customer: NOT YET
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: NOT YET
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NO

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

Marcinlondon and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Marclnlaw, I am looking for my fathers' details of when he gained a British Citizenship i need date month , year and naturalisation certificate number.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok you can call me my number***********

I understand. Thank you for your patience. Are your parents deceased now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No only father alive
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please don't call
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i dont need the call now

If you requested a call any expert can pick it up and call you. If you do not require it please cancel it and contact JA customer service to ensure you were not charged.

You could try to request this information relating to your mother under a subject access request under the UK GDPR. There is no particular format for doing so - you can simply write to or email the Home Office and ask it to provide all of the information you require to be disclosed under the UK GDPR. I am sorry to note she has passed away. Your father would be the best person placed to request this information as she was his wife.

You father's detail will not be disclosed to you, unless you have a written authorisation from him, follow the same process - a subject access request under the UK GDPR to the Home Office.

I hope this helps. Fell free to ask me any follow up questions. I am happy to help.

I trust this was helpful. As offered above, come back any time if you need me to clarify anything.