How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 405
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

If I pay insurance as part of my mortgage monthly payments.

This answer was rated:

If I pay insurance as part of my mortgage monthly payments. Is my contract with the Principality whom we took the mortgage with or with General Accident. Reason for the question is we had some storm damage to the roof and were turned down when I claimed by General Accident who cited wear and tear as the cause. They rightly say that on the day I rang them there was no wind, but the policy states within a reasonable time. My wife has MS is quadraplegic and was so worried the the electric would go off due to water ingression that she made her MS worse through worrying. As a consequence she remains in hospital and has been there 5 monthspetrified of returning home. I on the other hand rightly or wrongly have got roofers in to re slate the roof after which I hope my wife will have the confidence to come home.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Sorry, I should have said. we live in West Wales and I haven't spoken to our lawyer simply because for the past 4.5 months I have been in the hospital nursing and feeding my wife I leave home at 8.30 and arrived home at 9.00pm
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted the Principality who sent an assessor out, he walked up the garden and back and said wear and tear, so you're not covered
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that I complained to the Principality who told me my insurance is with Legal and General therefore I should contact them.

Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

I am sorry to hear about this. It would be correct to assume that your insurance cover is with Legal and General, although arrange through your mortgage broker. This is not uncommon.

If your claim was turned down and you do not agree with it you need to appeal it. Legal and General should have sent you a letter / email where they explain how you can do it. I strongly recommend you do it as soon as possible.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am happy to help.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to come back with any follow up questions. I am happy to help. In the meantime, many thanks for using our services.

Marcinlondon and other Law Specialists are ready to help you