How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8282
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I am lasting power of attorney for my Severely mentally

This answer was rated:

I am lasting power of attorney for my Severely mentally Impaired and Disabled ESN Su Normal Handical Disabled Vulnerable adult aged 55 with a Mental Capacity similar to a 6 years old child, can I apply to the civil court for an injunction on her behalf because she lacks the specific capacity to understand the consequence of crimes perpetrated against her and obtain an injunction against a man who has Police Logged crimes perpetrated by him against my sister, to prevent him contacting her in any form, I consider she lacks capacity in this specific way being abused by a man of normal intellectual capacity who controls her who has cut her with his knife and threatened to rape her and more
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: This is in Brigg South Humberside UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The police Logged two crimes and when interviewed my sister told the police he cut her with his knife requiring stitches at another time the police have these and more details. The Brigg Gateway Club have witnessed to other crimes but may not have reported them to the police including witnessed sexual assault and threat of rape. I have informed Social Services who so far have taken no action to safeguard my sister
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There is a long history of this, the man has Downs syndrome but the mental capability of taking driving lessons with a view to gaining a licence and is able intellectually. The police did not even interview the man saying it would be disproportionate I have now informed the police via a solicitor of 6 crimes perpetrated against my sister. She is totally controlled by him and told the police she was petrified of the man and his mother and wanted a policeman put outside her flat door to protect her from this man

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

In essence you wish to bring legal proceedings on her behalf in relation to obtaining an injunction? Does your POA cover health and social care matters as well as, property and financial affairs?

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
both, my sisters solicitor drew it up and registered it with OPG, later he had them confirm I have the power as LPA in Health and Welfare to Act for her where she lacks capacity for specific decisions as I indicated. I have a certified solicitors letter stating this
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My mobile is a UK provider, currently I am in France, this may help if you call from a UK landline
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please check my number because I have included the first 0 after+44 not sure it should be left in or taken out, as I have said it's a UK mobile provider but I am in France

Thank you for your time on the phone, as discussed you would need to look into being a litigation friend for your sister, you would need to apply to court for permission to be acted as a litigation friend. That said, there is no automatic right to this and the court may refuse. I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.