plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am trying to find the solicitor who has taken over my

I am trying to find the solicitor who has taken over my fathers papers as I believe his one as closed down.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I dont think I need family law I am just trying to find my fathers will
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am trying to find an updated will

Hello, my name is*****’ll do my best to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Are you certain his solicitor has closed down, and have you contacted solicitors in the local area to see if they were taken over by another firm?

Have you searched the national wills registry for a copy of his will?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I have not done either of these but I will thank you.My father died recently I was led to believe a new will was made in 2007 but the will that is being present now is dated 2000. I am just wondering a) who has taken over the paper of my father and if in fact the new will is there or if my father may have used a new solicitor.

Happy to help. Hopefully either of these routes will assist in tracking down a later will if there is indeed one.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.