How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4480
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Family law please, England UL UK, contact centre, talking to

Customer Question

Family law please
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England UL UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: contact centre, talking to mother of child, getting DNA test
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Mother of child only offering contact centre as means to see child but cant afford that or to take her to court
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Mother of child being unreasonable and saying contact centre is only option for him to see his child
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. How old is the child? How often were you seeing the child before the mother stopped contact? Are you named on the birth certificate?

Why is the mother insisting on a contact centre?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
10. Was at one point seeing child every week and paying child support. Not named on birth certificate was almost denied boots ordered dna test as mother tried to refute fathers claim to this
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Mother claiming she's not comfortable without supervised contact centre despite doing contact centre previously and contact centre deeming father safe and great bond with child and stipulating problem is between parents and communicating.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 16 days ago.

If you are not named on the birth certificate you don't have parental responsibility, which means that the only way you will be able to insist on seeing the child will be if you a) get the mother to acknowledge that you are the child's father and jointly complete Form C(PRA1); b) get an order from the court declaring you to be the father (form C1), or c) getting a child arrangements order for the child to spend time with you, (form C100).

The choice as to which route you take is up to you.

C(PRA1) Form:

You will need to attend a MIAM (mediation) before you can apply on a C1 or C100. Cost is £215 for the applications (each) but if you are on a low income/benefits, see the EX160A information sheet and application form for fee remission.

Find a mediator here:

C100 form:

EX160 form:

E160A Notes:

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How does it work with 215 mediator cost each? If I get my partner ie the father to fill it out as the applicant will he only pay 215 for himself or will have to pay for his ex ie mother of child pay the same?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Father is employed but also in debt which has no consideration to applying for low income?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is there any pro bond help that can aid with court costs?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 16 days ago.

The cost of the mediator will be told to you by the mediator - the £215 is to make applications to court.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Mother won't agree to parental responsibility after denying him on birth certificate so c100 only option
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 16 days ago.

I have already linked the form for fee exemption - if you don't meet the criteria, you will have to pay the £215 court fee.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What can we expect to be possible outcomes of court for parental responsibility?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 16 days ago.

If he's been involved in the child's life for 10 years, then he may well get an order for PR. Depends on how involved he's been and whether he has been performing parental responsibilities. The court will decide based on the information put before it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
In what cases do courts deny PR? He hasn't consistently been in daughter's life cause mother has stopped and started contact at her whims
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 16 days ago.

Each case is dealt with on its individual facts. He'll have to apply to find out how the court deals with his particular case. The ten year wait probably won't assist - he could have applied as soon as the child was born.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is applying for PR same as visitation rites or is that step after?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 16 days ago.

He can do either or both at the same time.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry that doesnt answer my question, if he only does PR does he have to do visitation after to set contact? Do u mean to say using c100 he can apply to both at same time?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 16 days ago.

They are not the same thing, one is PR and one is to spend time with the child. Two separate applications as above with links to the forms.

Have a lovely evening, I am now offline.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
would you recommend or suggest applyng to both at same time? or the PR first and then the visitation? can the judge whos assessing the PR not put foward visitation at same time?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

Do both at the same time.

All the best.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Why have I been charged 50 pounds????