Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Julia here. My mother died May 2nd. I am her executor. My

Customer Question

Julia here. My mother died May 2nd. I am her executor. My sister Sarah recused herself as executor. Mother died visiting Sarah in Scotland . Sarah has stopped communicating with me and gas blocked my calls. She has in her possession my mother;s jewllry a nd effects that need to be returned to me in order to fulfil her bequests. Can O take her to court and how much will it cost.
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Julia here. My mother died May 2nd. I am her executor. My sister Sarah recused herself as executor. Mother died visiting Sarah in Scotland . Sarah has stopped communicating with me and gas blocked my calls. She has in her possession my mother;s jewllry a nd effects that need to be returned to me in order to fulfil her bequests. Can O take her to court and how much will it cost.
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Ellen are you there
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: UK
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: england uk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
none
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 22 days ago.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 22 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Did your mother live in UK or Scotland?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 22 days ago.

I get the impression that your sister is in Scotland.

Therefore this is going to be a mix of English law with regard to getting the injunction and Scottish law in respect of enforcing it.

I’m afraid the this is beyond the scope of my expertise.  I’m going to opt out of the question thread for another expert to consider.  Please don’t reply because if you do the question returns to my inbox as requiring my attention and it will slowdown any other expert replying to you.  Thank you

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 22 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have you spoken to your sister about this matter?
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 20 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Welcome, my name is***** am very sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you today. Without the information I asked for, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. If you cannot agree on a matter or you need to bring the matter before the courts you should instruct a solicitor using one of the methods below.  I would advise you instruct a solicitor in your area. The solicitor will be able to weigh all the evidence before them and help you build a strong case. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ You will be able to search by specialism and also town or postcode to find one near you. You may qualify for legal aid if you have low income and want to take the case to court. You can check if you can get legal aid here: https://www.gov.uk/check-legal-aid. You can find a legal aid solicitor by using this link: https://find-legal-advice.justice.gov.uk/. Legal aid is free assistance to people who cannot afford to pay legal fees such as legal advice and proceedings. You could also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) ( For more information please visit: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/). CAB’s are accessible in different areas in the country providing free legal advice to individuals who cannot afford this. You can contact them by phone to book a face to face appointment. They may also be able to provide phone appointments. Moreover, you might be able to find a pro bono lawyer by attending/contacting a LawWorks Clinic. A probono lawyer is a free lawyer. The LawWorks Clinics Network is a network of free legal advice sessions that LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group) supports. For more information and to find a network near you please visit the following website: https://www.lawworks.org.uk/legal-advice-individuals/find-legal-advice-clinic-near-you.

You can also find other means of getting help with legal fees using this link: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/finding-free-or-affordable-legal-help/ I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in dealing with this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions regarding this matter. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. Best wishes.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I no longer require your advice
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Please contact customer services directly and they will help you accordingly. Best wishes