Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

What can I do if I've realised a man want to marry me only

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: What can I do if I've realised a man want to marry me only for visa?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm Portuguese living in UK and a man was trying to marry me only for visa. He was liyng to me cause another girl told me he was trying with her also
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He ask me and another girl to marry for visa
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He told me he loved me and now I figure out was only to get the visa. There's some action I can take to he stop to do this with another girls?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can I take him to the court?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

What is his immigration status in the UK, is he in the UK?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I got the pre settled status and his visa is expired at the moment. But he is waiting a answer from the NHS because he applied for visa

I understand, so to be clear you did not actually get married he just asked you to marry him? Did he say it was just for a visa or you worked that out?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There's another woman who find me and told me he is doing the same with her
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He ask me to marry him so he could stay in the country
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
When I said no he was still trying to deceived me
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
When I said no he offer me money

I see well you can try and call the home office enforcement team to report this attempted immigration offence: https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime

I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.

I thank you for visiting the website and for the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry. If you have further questions, inquiries or queries let me know post haste and I will attempt to answer them. Otherwise I bid you a good day

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

No problem, take care.