Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I need a contract looking over and recording for some land I

Customer Question

I need a contract looking over and recording for some land I am buying from someone. Is that something a solicitor can do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: nottingham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have the contract signed, it’s the same contract as the original one. I have a sale of receipt I’m just waiting to send the money over
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just that I need to send the money over ASAP as I’ve signed the contract and the seller needs the money urgently
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 11 days ago.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 11 days ago.

There are plenty of online legal databases such as Simply-Docs and Rocket Lawyer where non-lawyers can download free legal documents, such as Terms and Conditions, Sale and Supply Contracts and Privacy and Cookies Policies, for a reasonable subscription price.

However, non-lawyers drafting their own legal contracts and policies (even if they are based on cogent, reliable precedents) is often a recipe for disaster as the documents will contain legal terminology that laypersons do not understand.

As result, there has been a spike in Probate and Commercial Contracts Litigation in recent years due to “homemade” Wills and Contracts that were drafted by laypersons who did not appreciate or understand some of the legal terminology.   This has led to confusion, uncertainty and dispute and has cost them thousands more in legal fees fighting a former business partner who has taken issue with what the parties thought was agreed at the time.

As your Commercial Contracts Solicitor instructed under a formal solicitor-client retainer with my main “virtual” law firm, I can provide a much more thorough and bespoke document-drafting service beyond that which I can provide on Just Answer (which is very often “pointing customers in the right direction” for the purposes of obtaining further legal advice) and draft you a set of contracts and policies which are robust, effective and protect your commercial and legal interests as far as the law permits.

Better to spend a few hundred or even thousand pounds on solicitors’ fees at the outset of a deal and get it right from Day 1 rather than risking losing many thousands more in damages and legal costs if things go wrong at a later date.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 11 days ago.

This is a complicated matter which requires a detailed discussion where I can provide bespoke advice.   I suggest that we have a detailed telephone discussion and can offer a Premium Service Phone Call.  If you accept, I can pass you my direct contact details for a bespoke document review and telephone advice.