JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

What do you think of this email? Can I include some legal

Customer Question

For Jim Only***Hi Jim - What do you think of this email? Can I include some legal stuff?Hi Clive,I hope you are well.We have been waiting patiently for the delivery of the glass for our AlUK doors (after the wrong glass was order by yourselves) since February. Payment has been provided to you in full. It is now been four months, and we have barely heard back from you.We have also ordered another aluminum window from you. Payment has been provided in full months ago, and this window has also not be delivered yet.As explained on numerous occasions, our entire building works for the garden room have been stopped because the builders cannot continue with internal works until the glass for the AlUK doors is delivered.What is going on here, please? We have never experienced a default on the delivery of goods like this.If we don’t hear back from you, I will have to escalate this matter. I’m not sure what else we can do at this point?Hear from you soon?Jeetendr
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome back to JustAnswer.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Dear Clive,

Re: Order for AIUK Doors

I refer to the above matter.

As you will be aware, we have been waiting patiently for the delivery of the glass for our AlUK doors (after the wrong glass was order by yourselves) since February 2021. Payment has been provided to you in full. It is now been four months, and we have barely heard back from you. This is unacceptable and we feel you are in breach of contract with us given the lengthy delays.

We have also ordered another aluminum window from you. Payment has been provided in full months ago, and this window has also not be delivered yet. This is another example of a breach of contract on your part unfortunately.

As explained on numerous occasions, our entire building works for the garden room have been stopped because the builders cannot continue with internal works until the glass for the AlUK doors is delivered.

What is going on here, please? We have never experienced a default on the delivery of goods like this.

If we don’t hear back from you, I will have to escalate this matter which will mean litigation on my part to ask the court to become involved in this dispute.

I will need to hear back from you within the next 14 days with a substantive reply, in order to avoid litigation. If you do not reply or your reply is not acceptable then I will have no alternative but to commence legal proceedings which I would hope to avoid.

Yours sincerely,

Jeetendr

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

So I have re-worded the above slightly just so it reads better and comes across with a firmer tone. I would hope it would work.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,
Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,

Jim

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Super helpful. Thank you!
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

My pleasure, thanks

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hey Jum -
This was his response. Is this my responsibility? To get four people to be ready for the glass? Where am.i gonna get these people.from?the builders have quit after these delays. Regardless isn't it the company’s responsibility to deliver? After all these delays too... Thoughts?Hi Jay.
We have been trying to tie up with Jason. As this does not seem to be going to happen, just let me know when you can have 4 people on site and we will deliver all your products.
Please let me know.
Kind Regards
Clive Uppington
Managing Director
01174 058488
07824 808312
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Jim not Jum! Lol
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 14 days ago.

Hi, thanks - it depends if there was any agreement that you would need to find four people but if not then it's bizarre in my view. It is the company's responsibility to deliver, yes. The delays still mean they are in breach of contract.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Clive,Thank you for the note. Although it is a shame that you have only now responded months later after starting legal proceedings.I understand that Jason regularly frequents your store, so the fact that you haven't been able to get a hold of him seems bizarre.There was no agreement that I would have four people here ready for delivery of the goods. If I could get them for you, I would be happy to do so.Either way, the significant delay in delivering these products means you are still in breach of contract.I also have the right to refuse delivery of goods at this point.The wrong glass that you ordered and delivered also needs to be taken back. It is not my responsiblity to get rid of this.Please let me know how you would like to proceed. We should look to solve this issueThanks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What are your thoughts on the above Jim?
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 14 days ago.

It looks fine to me, thanks