MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I am selling my home can not keep up with repairs I am on

Customer Question

I am selling my home can not keep up with repairs I am on pip benif how would I go about it would I loose the benigits
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no one
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no I phoned pip benigits she says I wouldn’t I have put the house up for sale I am scared I won’t be able to get something to livin
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today, PIP payments are not means tested which means that it does not matter how much income or savings you have you will still be entitled to receive the benefits.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you I was really worried my son panicked it was a nightmare I have been on disability for 13 yes now they put me on pip if the house sale goes in my bank till I get another one would it be affected by tax
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
please

Is this your sole property?

If you plan to sell your property and replace your main residence there will be no capital gains tax payable.

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear I will be happy to assist you further.