How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawry Your Own Question
Lawry, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 260
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawry is online now

How do I obtain a fiancial order in divorce, The divorce is

This answer was rated:

How do I obtain a fiancial order in divorce
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: The divorce is already finalised
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Berkshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Please connect me


My name is ***** ***** I will try and help you today.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I need to make a fianacil order
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
The divorce is already finalised .NOw, I need to make a finacial order. My ex has already agreed with what we need. What do I need to do

Initially, you should try and negotiate with your es-spouse.

This will save hassle and costs.

I understand as you are already divorced this may nit be possible.

To apply for a financial order you need to complete Form A that can be downloaded directly from the internet or form the GOV/UK courts service website.

You will also need to pay a fee of £255.

There is a duty of full and frank disclosure of all assets and liabilities on both parties so you will also need to fill in Form E and send it to the other side together with evidence in support e.g. bank statements.

If you require help, you can contact the Law Society on 0207(###) ###-####who will recommend local firms of solicitors who can assist or speak to Relate on 0300(###) ###-####who provide advice and help.

As you are agreed you should draw up a Consent Order and file it with the court to get a judge's approval.

Precedents are available for downloading from the internet.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you

You are welcome.

Thank you for using the service today.

Best of luck!

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi Thank you for the previous answer. Can this all be done by myself or does it need to go through a solicitor

It can be done by yourself.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
How do I find the process?

For the Consent Order look on line for financial consent orders otherwise contact Relate on 0300(###) ###-####who will help you and have precedents.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you so much

My pleasure.

Lawry and other Law Specialists are ready to help you