Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I want to know if I can now reapply at UK embassy because I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I want to know if I can now reapply at UK embassy because I have been REFUSED 8 years ago and I have forgotten the reason for my refusal
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I just want to know may be I can reapply now for a conference in UK but I have forgotten the reason for my initial refusal
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JA

I am a UK Lawyer and will be happy to assist you today

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

Yes you are entitled to re-apply for a visa to the UK to attend a UK Conference

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
But I have forgotten the reason for my refusal, I was told by a friend here that some can be REFUSED for 10 years
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

If you have a 10 year deception ban - then you cannot re-apply until 10 years have passed. If you did not have a deception ban - you can apply

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
That is exactly why am contacting you, how will I know may be I am on 10 year deception ban?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

You need to ask for a Subject Access Request from the Home Office to obtain your past immigration history. This should be a detailed request so you get to know everything about your case

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Can you please help me with this?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

I can send you a link on how to apply

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration