How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7988
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

3 years ago I switched from Scottish power to British Gas

Customer Question

3 years ago I switched from Scottish power to British Gas since then I’ve been getting phone calls, letters and people coming to my flat. When they come they always say it’s not the same serial I explain I’m not a customer it’s making me really upset and frightened last week I got an email saying if I don’t pay they’ll register a credit default against me I have received a letter again please please help me I’m at breaking point
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in Wishaw north Lanarkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: phoned them
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thank you I have also told the people who come to read the meter
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 22 days ago.


I am a solicitor.

Sorry to hear this. Who is sending these people to you and why? How much are they saying you owe and for what period?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Scottish power to read the meter although the serial number was changed I’ve got smart meters for my gas and electric £254.87 for last month
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 22 days ago.

I would suggest that you make a formal complaint with them, see here:

If your complaint is not resolved satisfactorily, you may take your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 22 days ago.

You are welcome.