How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1731
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

I need to be able to contact eon energy with regard to my

Customer Question

I need to be able to contact eon energy with regard to my account
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 18 days ago.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 18 days ago.

This type of situation is depressingly common in the Consumer Energy Market.

Energy Suppliers are entitled to charge Customers based on “estimates” rather than regular on-site meter readings.   This often results in Customers believing that they have been overcharged compared to the actual amount of energy that they have used.

I recommend that you withhold payment on the disputed charges and complain to the Energy Supplier that the charges are based on estimates as opposed to on-site meter readings and that the charges should be based on your actual energy usage.

You should attempt to negotiate a cancellation of the charges, or otherwise a reduced settlement with the Energy Company.

If necessary, I suggest that you instruct your own meter-reading expert to prepare a Report to the Energy Supplier which may be used in Court Proceedings as an Expert Report if it complies with the provisions of Part 35 Civil Procedure Rules 1998.

You may also complain to the Energy Ombudsman who may be able to facilitate a settlement between you and the Energy Supplier:

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 18 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Kind regards