Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I arranged to have e new conservatory installed by Anglian

Customer Question

hello, I arranged to have e new conservatory installed by Anglian in Dec 2020. An initial deposit of £1810 was paid, followed by the first stage payment of £2412.80
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in North Somerset, Long Aston
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The work has not yet begun. Aftyer a a couple of false starts it was supposed to b begin today, but they cancelled and said they would reschedule. I have heard nothing, despite an email on may 1th saying a regional manager would call.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have spoken to several people and corresponded by email, which I have kept. Each time with the promise to call back, which has never transpired.I think they either need to explain why it is taking so long or refund my money in full.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

What are you ideally hoping to achieve in the circumstances, please? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Seven months after I have paid over £4000, I have no indication when, if ever, the work will be done. ALL correspondence has been brushed aside with false promises of looking into it and we'll call with an update. I need either to get the work done now or receive a full refund.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

When a consumer enters into a contract for services, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that such services must be:

- Finished within a reasonable time (unless a specific time frame has been agreed)

In addition, any information exchanged in communications between the parties, whether written or verbal, is binding if the consumer relies on it to proceed with the services in question. If there are problems and the trader cannot satisfy the above criteria, which are legally expected of them, the consumer will have certain rights

In the case of delays, for example if the work has substantially gone over the agreed schedule or not been performed within a reasonable time, the consumer can ask for a price reduction to cover any financial losses or inconvenience caused as a result. If the work is incomplete and the trader refuses to work to the agreed schedule, or complete it, it is possible to get someone else to finish the work and charge the original trader for these additional costs. The easiest however is to simply get a refund now and get someone else to do the work, without the need to pursue the original company.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.