Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a dispute with my builder. Work wasn't completed to

Customer Question

I have a dispute with my builder. Work wasn't completed to my satisfaction and there have promises since January 2020 that the problems will be addressed. Now they say that as a subcontractor sent bust, they are asking me to take responsibility for the worked through GPI. However, this reponse has taken 16 months to arrive. Who is right?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Simply a series of polite emails asking them when they will finish the work - which they usually respond to by asking for my patience. This has obviously been held up by covid, but it's clear now that they could have explained the insurance situation a long time ago and that they've been stringing me along.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so ..
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Whoever you have or will pay for the work, is who your contract is with.

Whether or not the builder subcontracts it out is not your problem.

The only issue here is who the contract is with.

And that really depends on who you are going to pay or have paid.

It is like buying a Sony DVD player from Curry's. Your contract is with Curry's - not Sony.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.