Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have an inquiry for my current situation so I have been

Customer Question

Hello, I have an inquiry for my current situation so I have been employed by a uk based company, I m a greek citizen and I work online. WHen I joined, I filled in a form to join but I signed no contract No, I want to resign what notice period do I need to give them? I have no clause and no signed contracts but I want to do everything properly and by uk law
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no they have no hr manager the owner is the hr it is a very small company
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: emploee employee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I m not in a union I can send you the form I filled and my payslip if that helps
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

How long have you actually worked for this employer please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sure
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
1 st september 2020
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have a new job offer for 1st of July 2021 and I want to quit
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

OK thank you. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
when I joined I filled in a form and I was expecting a real contract, but I never gotten one
Thus, I searched for new employement and I got a new contract with a company in the Netherlands
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. If you have no written contract in place and no other discussion or agreements were reached about a notice period, by law you are required to give ‘at least a week’s notice’. You can give more than that but that is the minimum you would be expected to give them so legally you can leave after serving just a week’s notice. Obviously decide on the length in advance and tell them before you start the notice period.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.