How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5404
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Thank you but, sorry, poor explanation on my part. I have

This answer was rated:

Thank you but, sorry, poor explanation on my part. I have yet to transfer any money at all against the original invoice, which is still outstanding, as I was still concerned about repercussions. The money is still there, I need it and they are prevaricating, then saying it is in 'dispute', or trying to set conditions regarding the Trade Mark and domain, which I own and nothing whatever to do with the long-standing debt. So, do you still agree I should now make the transfer. Sorry to be a pain. Regards. Stuart. .
31/03/2021 04:36Jeremy Aldermartin Solicitor
Provided you are still an authorised signatory on the bank account and they have not told you to not make payments or transfers then you can proceed to do so. I am just concerned about you making the transfer and then they say this was unauthorised access to the account or something of that nature. I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.At long last, I have finally received confirmation that the Company accepts that I am legally owed £29,300 and have agreed I can make a transfer, but with conditions (Please see below email received from the Chairman). own both the Trade Mark, covering the name and logo and domain, covering website and email addresses and see no reason why I should simply give them up for the debt to be paid. might be prepared to negotiate a deal, but could I now simply transfer money without the account going overdrawn and what should I tell them and how? Thank you again; please see below.
Stuart C Wolff,
Dear Stuart,
This letter is to communicate to you the agreement of the Board of The Company to arrange payment of your outstanding invoice.In order to make this as simple as possible, all we ask is that you sign and return a copy of this letter. A hard copy is in the post to you, or you may prefer to print a copy locally, either is acceptable, confirming that:
You have no further part in the Company. (For example, you will not use the company’s email address).
You will do everything you reasonably can to assist the smooth transition of business to the ‘new regime’. (We have no details of passwords or access to the website or email for example).
Any mail addressed to the Company will be forwarded to the above address.
You will return all of the Company’s property, physical and intellectual.In return for agreeing to these terms, and your confirmation that you have signed, and are returning a copy of this letter to signify your agreement, the Board permits you to instruct the company’s bank to transfer the sum of £25,000 (twenty-five thousand pound) to your account in partial settlement of your invoice No 07/18 dated 31st December 2018.
The sum of £4,300 (four thousand three hundred pounds) remains outstanding and we undertake to settle that amount in full as soon as we have sufficient receipts to cover it.Your sincerely. I acknowledge receipt and agree to the terms hereinJeremy

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you. Stuart
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
May I have the response please. Stuart
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please may I have the response assp. Thank you. Stuart
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please respond ASAP. Thank you. Stuart
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Still no response. Stuart Wolff

Hi, thank you very much for your patience. I am a solicitor and I have reviewed your information. I note however that you did speak to another expert previously, what is your specific concern that you would like me to address?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you and apologies for the delay. Before I
I respond, would you please let me know if you have read my correspondence with Jeremy Aldermartin or will I need to repeat it? Kind regards. Stuart Wolff

Hi, I have read it and I was not clear at the end of reading what was outstanding that you needed me to address specifically. You will not need to repeat but you will need to give me a brief summary of the issue and what you need guidance on

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The Company agreed I was owed £29,300 from an invoice, issued in December 2018 as instructxed by the Chairman. He sent me a letter, copied before, which I was expected to sign and return. It said I could take £25,00 with the balance coming when the Company could afford it, but there were conditions. Returning cheque books and other documents etc was, of course, fine, but I was expected to hand over the Trade Mark, covering the event name and logo and the domain, covering the website and email system, both of which I own personally. I do not see why I should give these away in order to be paid a legitimate debt. So, I am considering emailing to say I am taking the money but not giving them up. So my question is, if I do that, is there any legal action action the Company could take to try to recover the money. Thank you. Ki

Hi thank you for the clarification Not to recover the money but if you were employed they could look to pursue you to deliver anything that they consider the company's intellectual property rights or company property. Any follow up do not hesitate to send your follow up message. All the best.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you. I was always self-employed and resigned as a Director in March. The Trade Mark inn my name was the idea of a former Chairman who organised it for my personal protection with the approval of the Board at the time, 2012/13. Similarly, website and email system was suggested by a friend you designed and produced it, registered it in my name, hosted in the US, and gave it to me. None of Directors has a domain email address. Of course, all Company property is being returned, most of it already. But, in the circumstances, if I tell them i am taking the money but keeping the Trade Mark and domain, what can they do After all, there i no connection between a an ordinary legitimate debt and personal property, is there? Thank you. Stuart. Wolff

Good evening. If the domain and trade name are yours then I do not see why there should be a concern over them having legal entitlement to them. They couldn’t really say give us you don’t get payment because that would be blackmail which is an offence

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you very, very much indeed; most helpful. Just one question; should I sign and return the letter but delete references to the Trade Mark and domain, or ask them to send a new letter without referring to them? Kind regards. Stuart Wolff

Hi, you are welcome. I am glad we could help. Do not sign and date it without telling them that is what you are doing. Send them an email to say you have considered the content of their letter and will not leave the trade mark and domain as these belong to you and that you are happy to cross out the references to these and to sign the document alternatively they could amend and send fresh copy.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5404
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
SolicitorRM and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you