John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I recently purchased a leasehold flat. The freeholder has

Customer Question

I recently purchased a leasehold flat. The freeholder has offered us to buy freehold subject to repayment of £10K loan used for internal decorations & roof repair all carried out 2 years before my purchase. Am I liable to pay contribution towards loan repayment? Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No none.
JA: Where is the leasehold located?
Customer: Bexhill East sussex
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. Whether you pay a contribution or not is all subject to, and governed by the terms and conditions of the agreement, if you subsequently purchase the freehold. If it is stipulated within it, then yes you have a legal obligation to contribute towards the repayment. If no such clause exists, then there is no legal obligation to pay.

Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John