MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I have been working for a company for 9 years ,I worked my

I have been working for a company for 9 years ,I worked my way up from general engineer ,to supervisor, then to manager , been running shop floor for about 6 years ,of witch 2 were manager.got furloughed in January at start of April got made redundant,but now they are advertising for general engineers to do what I could do is this right
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: yes i have with hr . they said we have come to a disision that my role was no longer needed , but I could do everting on floor ?
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am employed now in another company
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I ill be assisting you today. When you went through the redundancy process did the employers explore alternative employment?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No none , they said my job as manager wasn’t needed

Thank you for this, what date in April were you made redundant?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
16 th April
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They called me in for a meeting around the end of February and told me , as they had to give me 8 weeks notice due to manager role

Thank you for the confirmation, the employer should continue to explore alternative employment during the notice period. How long was it between you being made redundant and you finding alternative employment?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I started looking 1 st week in March ,found another job 19 April

Thank you for the confirmation, you could proceed to bringing a claim against your previous employer for unfair dismissal.

In an unfair dismissal claim, if you are successful at tribunal make an award  made up of two parts, a basic award and compensatory award.

The basic award is worked out the same way as redundancy pay, therefore if you have received the correct redundancy pay the tribunal will not make the a further award (as it is classed as double compensation)

The second element is a compensatory award which is your net pay multiplied by the amount of time you were out of work.

They may also make an award for a loss of statutory award, pension losses and an uplift if the employer failed to contact the ACAS Code of Practice.

If you wish to pursue your claim, the first step woould be to contact ACAS and submit early conciliation.

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains uncleat I will be happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No that’s great thanks for the advice
Glad to be off assistance, all the best.