Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am a student and so much in debt ive booked a one week

Customer Question

Hi, good day i am a student and so much in debt ive booked a one week hotel stay apartment and they took deposit of 350
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I've reported broken things and I've cleaned and left things for them out of my kindness and now they took all my deposit and accused me of all their damages that I reported I am in London no one nothing is helping me and the hotel guy puts the phone down when I call
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried emailing them and calling them he tells me u didn't clean the sink that's good reason for us to take your money
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't know what to do I swear am in so much dept and trouble
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund of your deposit within 14 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 14 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanx for your response it's 350 what do u advise me to do and there's no reception in the building so I'll email them instead but I don't know what to write
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Hello. I would just issue proceedings after you have warned. That will show them you can’t be bullied. I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don't understand please help me and I'll do as u say
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Go into moneyclaim.gov.uk and issue a claim.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanx alot
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

My pleasure.