J.Ustinovskaya
J.Ustinovskaya,
Experience:  Expert
112772957

Wanted to check to see if this company is real there based

Customer Question

Wanted to check to see if this company is real there based in Sierra Leone info below
REF: LETTER OF INTENTMy name is***** am a well-established businessman. I owned and operated a registered scrap metal business that buys and sells ferrous and nonferrous metals within the country. So I am very glad to come in contact with your company because I want to go internationally by exporting ferrous and nonferrous metals to various destinations.I want you to know that after we have started operations together I will like us to pay a visit to each other to strengthen our business relations.Below are detailed information about my business;NAME OF COMPANY: Mohamed and Anthony Scrap Metals and General Merchandise SL LtdCOMPANY NUMBER: SL200720MOHAM08382COMPANY ADDRESS: 21 Momoh Lane Oldwharf Wellington FreetownCOMPANY PHONE NUMBER: +23276875596EMAIL:***@******.***WEBSITE: Not yetBUSINESS PARTNER: Dauda SwanehBUSINESS PARTNER PHONE NUMBER: +23276601768BANK DETAILSBANK NAME: Guaranty Trust Bank SL LtdBANK ADDRESS:*****FreetownBUSINESS SORT CODE: GTBISLFRACCOUNT NUMBER: *****************2
Expert:  J.Ustinovskaya replied 23 days ago.

Dear Client,

After checking the Sierra Leone companies register http://search.cac.gov.sl , I found no company with the name “Mohamed and Anthony Scrap Metals and General Merchandise SL Ltd” or similar. The Companies Act 2009 in Sierra Leone, section 531 (2), provides that every company after the commencement of the act shall apply to the Corporate Affairs Commission for a certificate of registration. It looks like “Mohamed and Anthony Scrap Metals and General Merchandise SL Ltd” either does not exist or did not apply for the official registration. The Corporate Affairs Commission in Sierra Leone has an email -***@******.*** where you can send a request about the above company existence, if you wish.

A simple search on the Internet of the company’s address - 21 Momoh Lane Old Wharf Wellington Freetown, did not give any results either.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Julia Ustinovskaya, solicitor

Please feel free to ask further questions, I would be happy to assist.