How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 80245
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been involved in an accident and i need to seek some

Customer Question

Hi I have been involved in an accident and i need to seek some legal advice.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: plymouth
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have a court case to attend on the 14th of june
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have been charged with failing to provide specimen for anaylasis
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
hi i was charged for failing to provide a specimen and i wanted to know what are my options i have a court date in a couple of weeks and i have never been in this position before
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

So what would you like to know?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What could i be charged for with failing to providing a specimen in court?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
whats the punishment, sorry?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Thank you.,

Normally a disqualification and a fine.  But it depends on the circumstances of the driving.

If you had a collision then they may be looking at a ban and a community order.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.


Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have further questions sorry, is it best to get a solicitor for my case as was tested roadside and was shown over the limit
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Yes, it could be.

But there is no legal aid so you would have to pay.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok how much are solicitor fees, and what is required of a solicitor before and during the case?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Its impossible to say without more information.

I could probably refer you to somebody who could do the trial for £1500 plus VAT or thereabouts.

A nationwide specilaist would be a lot more expensive.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

i made an offer but it would be tomorrow morning now.