james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Do I have the right to stop medication I have been on for

Customer Question

Do I have the right to stop medication I have been on for four years?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in east London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have not taken one dose ofdepot injection aswell as stopped most of my tablets except for the sleeping tablets as I can not sleep without them
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It's been six years
Expert:  james bruce replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

From a legal aspect, there is no legal obligation to force you to take any medication you have. Whether you do or not is your decision.

However it may be wise to speak with your GP first before you stop taking anything you are prescribed to ensure it is safe to do so.
Nut once again, simply because you have been prescribed medication does not mean by ,aw that you have to use them.

Please let me know if I can assist or clarify further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.