How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4809
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I would like to ask law about something, I am in Leeds West

Customer Question

Good morning
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i would like to ask law about something,
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Leeds West Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My partner and I have been together for 5 years with two children but living separately. We want to move in together
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

How may I assist?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
My partner I and have two children together and leaving separately. We want now to move in together in his flat and give back my flat to the housing. My concern is that the tenancy is on his name.We use to leave before and one day we had querelle and the police sent me out because my name was not on the tenancy agreement. There council gave me a flat where I have been leaving with my two children.But now we have decided two do partnership and move in together.Since his name it’s only his name on his council flat and I have to give out my flat to come and leave at his. What can I do to have the same right like him on the flat because I don’t want what happened to me three years ego the police sending me out since the tenancy was on his name to happen to me and my children again? Thank you
Expert:  james bruce replied 21 days ago.

Is his property council rented or private rented?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Council rented
Expert:  james bruce replied 21 days ago.

Then before giving up your own property, it would be wise that you check that the council and your partner will allow you to go on the tenancy together, if they do, make that happen first before surrendering your own property.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ok that’s fine I would contact them before making any decision
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
thank you very much for your help
Expert:  james bruce replied 21 days ago.

Your very welcome, can I assist further?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Is it possible to move in with him and still keep my flat please
Expert:  james bruce replied 21 days ago.

Will you be in the same council area?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
but mine is housing association
Expert:  james bruce replied 21 days ago.

Then that may be possible, but you would need to double check with the council

Expert:  james bruce replied 21 days ago.

Can I assist further.

Expert:  james bruce replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank very much for your time and help
Expert:  james bruce replied 21 days ago.

Your welcome.