How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2637
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I am an EU citizen and I am working full time in Abu Dhabi.

Customer Question

Hi I am an EU citizen and I am working full time in Abu Dhabi. My employer allowed me to work remotely and I would like to spend some time in the UK to live with my partner while also working remotely. But I am not sure what visa I would need and if I have to pay taxes.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a citizen of the Czech Republic and I am a permanent resident of the UAE. I have not filed any paperwork
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Hi there,

EU citizens do not need a visa for travelling to the UK for visiting your partner. EU citizens can visit the UK for a period of 6 months without the need for getting a visa . EU, EEA and Swiss citizens can travel to the UK for holidays or short trips without needing a visa. You can cross the UK border using a valid passport which should be valid for the whole time you are in the UK.

So, you can travel and stay in the UK for up to 6 months , without the need of a visa.

You would only be liable for taxes in the UK if you spent 183 days or more in the UK in a financial year.

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, thank you so much for your response. After those six months, considering that I would keep my remote UAE job, what kind of visa would I need and with that visa would I need to pay taxes ?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

If you want to work in the UK then you would need a skilled worker visa.

Thank you. Best wishes.