ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I’ve purchased a vehicle of alibaba about 5 weeks ago it was

Customer Question

Hi I’ve purchased a vehicle of alibaba about 5 weeks ago it was supposed to be here by now, we’ve had problems with the payment on there side so they end up sending the money back but I’m soo reluctant to send over the money as I’m pretty certain there are a scam, they have ruined a good customer for me as he was buying this vehicle, so it’s had affect on my business aswel, I’ve now told the person I’m not sending back the money due to this, and I’ve been sent back a message from them saying “We'd be suing not only for breach of contract but also for defamation”
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Company name :Peparados quimicos de navarra sl location is Spain and turkey
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have received my money back from them which has been a total shock, they said there was a fault on there side with the payment where they couldn’t release, so the money was getting sent back to send over to them,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The website the used to supply me with the tracking details has changed and no longer secure
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 21 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 21 days ago.

Did you receive the goods?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I did not receive the goods
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I don’t have the money to pay for a call
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 21 days ago.

Kindly give me a minute. I am in the process of reading what you have said in order to provide a written response.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

They are simply trying to force you to go ahead with the agreement and to purchase the car albeit you have changed your mind. Consumer Rights laws in the UK allows for persons to change their mind during a 14 day cooling off period. If during this time you form the view that you no longer wish to have the item you may change your mind and have the money returned to you. So, even if the goods had been in fact delivered you could have returned it within the 14 day window.

I would politely therefore send a final email advising that you do not trust to business with them and that you will not be sending any payment. You may also advise of your rights to return items within the 14 day cooling off period.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 21 days ago.

You are welcome. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again. Have a great day.