Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Pearl.: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by

Customer Question

Hi there Pearl. My name is*****: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nuneaton warwickshire united kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that i can think of
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Hi there,

What is your specific question, please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
hi there Vineet. My mother and step father lived in a council house which they purchased in the 1990s. around 2001 my mother sold the property to my sister, without any involvement from myself or my step sister. in fact I only found out about this transaction a few years later as my mother reveled what had been done, without anyone elses knowledge. now my mother had died, my step father is worried that my sister will evict him. what legal recourse do myself and my step sister have regarding original "secret" sale, and the current situation regarding my step father
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

If the house was solely in the name of your mother , then the secret sale is valid.

Does not matter if your mother consulted anyone else or not, legally ,the secret sale is perfectly valid.

Now, your step father need to check if he has any rights to stay at the council property for his lifer time, if not the owner ( your sister) can start proceedings to take possession of the property.

However, She would have to get court orders for evicting you and your step father .

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Vineet, I suspected this was the case, thanks for your help
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

You are welcome. Thanks again & stay safe.