12826847

Second opinion] jo, I got into an argument with my

Customer Question

second opinion] Hi jo, I got into an argument with my girlfriend in front of her 3 year old son we had both had a drink but no where near drunk. The argument escalated to where my girlfriend elbowed me in the eye causing it to swell and caused it to bruise later on, she carried on coming towards me and I punched her in the mouth with little power causing one of her front teeth to fall out and dislodging two but they had been loose for sometime I later got arrested for Abh but not charged it’s a first offence to
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I was arrested for abh and taken to the station where I was interviewed and admitted to punching my girlfriend just once resulting in one of her teeth to fall out and two to be dislodged they were already loose and have been for sometime I didn’t hit her with much power
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I got released and the police are investigating the doctors reports and relaying the information onto the cps
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I got in trouble for drink driving last year but this is my first criminal offence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Ok, so what is your question?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
How likely is a custodial sentence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Its a serious offence with major aggravating features.

But if you have no relevant previous they would probably find an alternative to custody.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Generally speaking, people don't go to prison on first offences unless it is a grave offence.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Can Iclarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you what would I be looking at realistically as the outcome
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Suspended sentence or unpaid work probably.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thanks for easing my mind
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.