Jo W
Jo W, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
112062897

Debt help, i live in north lincolnshire been advised to go

Customer Question

debt help
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i live in north lincolnshire been advised to go for a debt relif order
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ebt solutiond put me in touch with phonix thats what they say is best for me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have early stages of alzimesrs
Expert:  Jo W replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a solicitor here to help you with your question. I will respond as soon as practicable which will be some time today.

Expert:  Jo W replied 21 days ago.

Hello, hopefully I can help you.  I am not clear what stage of the process you are in but assume that you have been told a Debt Relief Order could be a good idea for you but you have not started the process.  The CAB is a very good source of information for this, they provide a full explanation on their website.  You will need to appoint a Debt Relief Advisor.  Again, the CAB can help with this.  I am also wondering whether phonix can provide debt relief advice. Again the CAB can help with finding a Debt Relief Officer.

For information, you can only apply for a DRO through a specialist DRO adviser, also called an 'approved intermediary'. This is usually a skilled debt adviser who has been given permission to complete the forms and give advice on DROs. They will check that you're eligible to apply and that a DRO is right for you.

There is an explanation of the process on the CAB website at

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/debt-solutions/debt-relief-orders/debt-relief-orders-explained/debt-relief-orders-what-you-need-to-know/

You don't need a lawyer to deal with this and in fact professionally we cannot give financial advice, so all I can do is advise of options as above.  Getting a Debt Relief Advisor is the first step. The people you have spoken to may qualify or the CAB can help locating one.

I Trust that this answers your questions.  Any further question, please ask.