Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

What is the meaning of International Fund Transfer

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: What is the meaning of International Fund Transfer Certificate ?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In USA
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: I have a client who sent funds to my account in USA from LIBYA . The authorities in USA demanded International Fund Transfer certiificate to Unblock the fund.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The fund is legally earned and is for investment
Expert:  Stuart J replied 22 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

How did you get involved and what did they promise?

what have you paid them?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
You mean the response from the agency that blocked the bank account ?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Sorry . The cost is too much .
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I just want to get an idea is what this entails.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 22 days ago.

Sorry you are in USA - I will opt out for an expert in US.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
ok
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

Hi there, can you please let me know who contacted you about the certificate and what their contact details are? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
The are called Interbank Settlement .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

can I have some details please, like their contact details, email website etc

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I can give you their email address
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

yes please

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
InterBank Settlement Platform <*****@******.***>
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I can give you my account details so they know who is being referred . The owner of the fund in the account said that he will kill himself if they they don't the fund . It was his life saving - $18m USD .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

thanks and please confirm the email has two 's'?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Do you want the bank account details ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

it's ok thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

The facts indicate that this is very likely to be a scam, specifically the type known as ‘advance-fee fraud’. That is because the victim is asked to make advance payments before anything they have been promised materialises.

As there are numerous variations of such scams, the best way to explain how they work is to identify certain 'red flags' which are often present in their build-up. The following are the most common ones:

- Someone contacts you and promises you a sum of money. There are many variations on who they may be and in your case it is a supposed client with this huge fund, and they have also included a twist of threats to kill themselves if it does not materialise just to make you more emotionally connected with it and ensure you proceed with it

- Before you are able to receive the promised amount, you are asked to pay a sum of money. There are various reasons quoted for this, such as taxes, clearance fees, administrative costs, legal fees, etc. This is where the advance payment part of the scam comes in. The company involved does not actually exist and their website is not legitimate.

- Tempted by their promises, the requested fees are paid in good faith.

- However, once the money has been sent, the fraudsters either stop all contact and run away with your money, or they return and ask for further fees for different, often unexpected, reasons

The key now is to not proceed any further with this. Cease all communications with them and certainly do not send money if asked to, no matter what they say. Do not fall for the threats of the client killing themselves over this – it is just a ploy to make you more likely to proceed with this

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you for your explanation .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Can you cancel my subscription from today. Thank you .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I am just an independent user on this site, in the same way as you are, which means that unfortunately I have no involvement in the billing side of things. If you need to query anything to do with billing, charges or membership, you may be able to take certain actions by going to your account on this site. Alternatively, please contact the site’s customer service team directly. You can find their contact details by following this link:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

Hopefully, they will resolve any issues you have to your satisfaction.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hello , I want to cancel my order from today .
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Hi please see my lst message above