How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2635
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

My wife has left me and the kids, London E1W 3DY, Nothing I

Customer Question

my wife has left me and the kids
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London E1W 3DY
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing I don't how to deal with this
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm currently on Universal Carer's Allowance
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We b ok for nearly 2 years and this has come as a shock to me & my kids I'm worried in the near future she might come back to take the kids my kids cried a lot I'm saying they don't want to go with her my older one so something mum is with someone
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Hi there,

If you and your wife no longer together then you need to make arrangements order regarding your kids.

You and your ex can avoid going to court hearings if you mutually agree on:

where the children will live

how much time they’ll spend with each parent

You can agree on child maintenance at the same time

If you both are not agreeing on the child arrangement conditions, you can go for a mediation service to get help in preparing to make arrangements and reaching an agreement with your partner.

So, if you and your Ex do not agree on where the children live, their custody & contact, and financial support you can take the help of a mediator, local citizen Advice Bureau.

If you are not able to reach an agreement mutually or with the help of a mediator, you can apply to the court to decide and make a child arrangement order.

However, You must show you’ve attended a meeting to see if mediation is right for you before applying to a court.

You can approach your local council /citizen advice bureau , most of them have family mediation services.

Else you can find a local mediator using the below weblink-

If mediation fails to work, then you can apply to the court for child arrangements orders. please click the below web link for the relevant webform C100 -

If you are in receipt of benefits , then fill below EX160 form for getting the court fee waived.


I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The problem is I don't know where she's gone I know she's in London but I'm not sure where she is living have friend doesn't tell us the address
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
All I know she said she's going to leave the kids with me and go for a holiday but that time she was laughing joking around my daughter told me she's got a boyfriend and Mum staying with my daughter saw her mother's text but she was too frightened to tell me this before
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Right, so next time she comes to take the kids , you need to have her address as you need to know where she is taking the kids.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That is where I'm struggling because I spoke to her family she has blocked everyone I contacted her work as she is still on maternity leave she's not at work she has texted my daughter to say she's ok then block my daughter she told my daughter she wants him to stay with me and now I don't know if I should contact the police to find the address because at the end of the day we know she's safe and she's moved out somewhere with her boyfriend
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

As it is a civil matter, police would not be of much help, unless and until the kids are in imminent danger when the kids are with her.

You would have to say NO to her taking the kids unless the address where the kids are being taken to , is disclosed to you.