How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2687
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I am a swiss citican and will be only 180 days a year in

Customer Question

i am a swiss citican and will be only 180 days a year in great britain, since my husban passede aeway in 2013. do i have to register since brexit has done?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i live in switzerland,, pay my taxes, in ludlow / shropshire i have a rented house
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i was with my solicitpor concerning the taxes and got an mail from the swiss ambassador that i have to apply for a settled status in the uk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: this solicitor can only help for taxes and according to the mail from the ambassador i can pre settled status in the mail
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 22 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 22 days ago.

Hi there,

yes, you would need to apply for pre-settled or settled status under the EU settlement scheme to continue to live in the UK .

You would have to apply before June end 2021 as the scheme would close in June end.

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.