How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2810
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I have a accident happened at work use to work horse racing

Customer Question

Hi I have a accident happened at work use to work horse racing yard 8,9 year ago horse kick on my shoulder since than I have very bad pain in winter I been to doctor he said eat vitamin D u will b fine i been very struggling since I had this happened plz tell what u can do for me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Now I'm in Luton but this happened in North Yorkshire Hambleton house yo72ha
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This happened 8 or 9 years ago I can still do a claim ?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 14 days ago.


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

The law states that employers must ensure the employees work in a safe environment. Therefore given the accident there is an argument that the environment was not safe, which gives rise to a claim.

However a personal injury claim should be made within 3 years from the date of the accident. That said this 3 years can be extended by the court's discretion.

Therefore although your chances of bringing a claim after 8 or 9 years are slim its worth contacting a no win no fee personal injury solicitor to review your case with a view of bringing a claim against the employer.

You can find a local solicitor by using the link below:

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 14 days ago.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.