12826847

The local council tried to implement a CPZ, as we objected

Customer Question

The local council tried to implement a CPZ, as we objected and didn't want to pay they're putting yellow lines in to stop any parking at all.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: They have given a date for commencement of work and told us there's no place now but a judicial review
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No you don't seem to understand what I'm saying
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm not sure, its a planning process matter that has gone past being able to involve the ombudsman
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Merton council sent out letters last year telling residents that the new flats and football stadium would mean more folk parking and proposed a CPZ, one section agreed and we pointed out that as the flats come with no parking facilities and the reason for construction of these and the stadium was because there's sufficient public transport, they've now come back saying the partial CPZ will go ahead but the rest will have yellow lines installed, I pointed out this is virtually blackmail but as the main driving force is the, Cabinet minister for regeneration, housing and climate emergency, he seems to think he can force this through, they've given no feedback to questions raised and set a date of 24th June to begin.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Ok, so what would you like to know?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What if anything can we do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for the information

Obviously you cannot force the council not to act.

But normally they have to get Council approval if they want to change the local TMO and you can object at that point.

It might be too late now but that is an option.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
We did object at the time and we where ignored, now its down to a judicial review, but has this any chance of success?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Its quite a high test.

you have to show that no reasonable council could have reached this decision.