INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

In regards of a gym contract, Derby, Uk, I just rang the

Customer Question

Hello! In regards ***** ***** gym contract
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Derby, Uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I just rang the gym
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Right, so i took this gym contract in January 2020 for ome year term. It was supposed to go run untill January 2021. But the gym keep charging me as they say that i have paid only 8 months and not 12.
I told them is not my fault that they've been closed and i requested to close my account,but they don't want. What should i do, pay the remaining balance or delete my direct debit?
Expert:  INC Law replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

As you are under a contract, you will need to make the payment to ensure you are no longer liable under the contract.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,