How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15894
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I need help with my eviction. I’ve been given 28 day a week

Customer Question

I need help with my eviction. I’ve been given 28 day a week ago. And i suffer with mental health issues
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Leven fife.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven’t taken any at moment. I haven’t done anything wrong my rent been paid every month I had issues with his so called agent. He wouldn’t fix my door for 3 month I lost my temper I didn’t touch him. He come in to my flat and wouldn’t leave when I asked him.I asked for my landlord phone number but he wouldn’t give it to me. I really don’t now what to do
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he got me arested for verbal abuse like i said I didn’t touch him I was going to press changes against him for not leaving when I asked him he just kept smirking at me when I asked him to leave I’ve got witnesses that he wouldn’t leave
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.


Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

What kind of tenancy do you have?

Is it a commercial or residential property?

What type of Notice were you served?

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have a short assured tenancy I think. It is a private one bedroom house. So not commercial. I have 28 days notice. Suffer mental health issues been diagnosed with cptsd the landlord nos this. I have no rent arrears and I think the papers I was issued with are very wrong. The guy who signed the tenancy agreement is not even a agent at all , I had issues with my front door the lock wouldn't work sometimes I couldn't get out and sometimes I couldn't get in it taken him 3 months I lost my temper I didn't touch him but he got me arrested for verbal abuse, I was going to get him arrested because when he come to look at the door he kept going on about something else and when I asked him to leave he wouldn't I kept asking him to leave he just said no and kept smirking at me he nows I have mental health issues I have witnesses that he wouldn't leave
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.


28 days notice is NOT sufficient. At present, under the Covid rules, Notice periods are 6 or 4 months depending upon when it was served.  Therefore, the landlord cannot expect you to vacate after 28 days.

I would suggest that you do not leave by the end of the 28 days and instead, you should contact your local council and inform them that your landlord is attempting to evict you without providing the relevant notice.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,