How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 57
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I need advice on financial settlement, Hackney London,

Customer Question

I need advice on financial settlement
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hackney London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: unfortunately my decree absolute was issued today as respondent applied behind my back.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We have the family house here and a family house in Africa which my husband claims it’s his only
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

How is it I can help you this evening?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I need to know if a can get advice to carry on with my financial settlement
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

A financial settlement does not necessarily have to be in place for you to apply for a decree absolute. However, if you have not yet reached a financial agreement in your divorce, then it is advisable not to apply for the decree absolute because your entitlement to certain assets of the marriage could be affected.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

May I ask if you had a solicitor acting for you in the proceedings at any point?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He has applied nd the judge granted it today
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The divorce was done by me while I had a solicitor for the financial settlement but she seems not competent. As she tell me different things at different times and gets me confused
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

I see. If you have a solicitor on record we would strongly advise to contact them directly. State that you would like to arrange a zoom consultation and that you would like the advice in layman’s terms and followed up in writing.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

If you can leave a review it really helps my ratings. Have a nice evening.