How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1728
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

I need to make an enquiry. My son was born in the UK in

Customer Question

Hi, I need to make an enquiry. My son was born in the UK in 2012. At that time we, his parents had discretionary leave. We have now become British citizens. But my son's British a Passport application has not gone through
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We live in London. Me and my husband are now British citizens through naturalisation
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had not applied for my son's naturalization because I thought he would get British passport through our status and his being born in UK. We have been in the UK 20+ years
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  AkuaK replied 18 days ago.

Good evening, your son would not directly get British passport. When he turns 10 he can register as a British citizen using form t. It would not be dependent on that the fact you have been in U.K. 20 years. At the time he was born you also had discretionary leave. He can also register as a British citizen using form MN1.

Expert:  AkuaK replied 18 days ago.

What is sons date of birth?