MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My job I'm doing is delivering for a printing company and

Customer Question

Hi,my job I'm doing is delivering for a printing company and the when I started just under 2 years ago the contract says I get paid for a 10 hour day with half hour for break and if we do a run which is less than 10 hours we still get payed for the 10 hours,and if i go over the 10 hours I get paid for the extra hours, but as it went a bit quieter last year with lockdown they said they couldn't afford to pay any extra hours any more, but it's getting a fair bit busier the last 5/6 months and I'm quite often out 5/10 hours extra a week but they're still not paying the extra hours, is there anything I could do about it as whenever I query my extra hours they just say when we have a quieter day it balances out but most weeks I don't have any quiet days and doing over 50 hours a week and just get paid for the basic 42.5 which is also 5 hours short if they're supposed to just take half hour a day off me.... my phone number is ***** if you need any more information or my email is***@******.***
JA: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Only with the manager of our department as he is supposed to check the hours we do to forward it to wages and he's the person who just fobs me off ,I've just got fed up of asking him...
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I'm employed on a permanent basis by the printing company but as I'm out driving all day I don't get chance to see anyone and the company is based in merthyr Tydfil, South Wales and most days our runs are London area so I'm usually in before the office day shift workers and by the time I get back they've gone home..
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's basically all I'm querying is if I should be getting paid the hours I'm working, if not I'll probably finish there....
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 22 days ago.

Hello, would you have a copy of your employment contract available?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I'm not sure where it is..

Provided what you have said above is in accordance with the contractual agreement which you have signed then you should be getting paid the hours you work. We would need to see the contract to confirm however. I realise you have spoken to your employer however it is advisable to put your request to them in writing via email as at least this way you have a copy of their formal reponse. I hope this helps.

I hope this helps, would you mind leaving me a review when you receive an email as it really helps my ratings?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you for your advice and appreciate it very much..