How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5392
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I am a serving police officer in 2012 who has been subjected

This answer was rated:

I am a serving police officer in 2012 who has been subjected to a detremental course of conduct by the senior management ovr my friendship with an ex colleague of 19 years who had a personnel disagreement with a senior manger who brought the conflict into the workplace resulting in a number of issues since 2012. These include unfair misconduct procedure, victimisation , bullying , un fair and un equal treatment to my colleagues to name a few. I have complained through the rank structure , but my complaintd have been dealt with by the same people who i have made my complaints against . My own Police federation advised me poorly and after making complaints are now unwilling to support my claim going forward. I submitted a grievance in 2018 after all options exhausted and to present my Grievance is still ongoing . In april 2021 i submitted a further two grievance after the chief constable failed to respond to a report challenging the forces conduct , however they are mentoned as a party in the Grievance and the other is due to the force still refusing me to contact with my colleague after 10 years , though they have not followedthe correct association policy . I have emails stating my treatment in based on my friendship with my ex colleague and how they didnt want to upset the local supt or his wife who both had problems with him by moving me to the area . After sufferring three periods of work related stress i was looking at a tribunal , but have been told although my treatment has been awful they can find no legal avenue to staart a claim . Stating all my time limitations are way out, I only started my grievance in 2018 . My question at last is simply any help out there . I cant believe i can betreated this way and have no legal recourse. Discrimination , bullying , victimisation that may doesnt fit nicely into the normal characteristics for a claim cant mean there is no way to progress a claim. Thanks Dave
JA: Have you discussed this victimisation issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: My HR are part of the problem and have failed to ensure the organisation abides by it policies and i have tried to contact a solictor through my force or group insurance claim but ironically the group insurance doesnt cover work issues . So looking to see if any no win no fee out there or options
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have already submitted a personnel injury claim covering a set period which the force is allegedly going to settle , as they asked the tribunl for STAY , but havent heard anything back yet

Good evning, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewed your question. I am very sorry to hear of your situation, however limitation is indeed only 3 months and the ET are very strict on this. There would have to be convincing reasons why it was not practical to bring a claim earlier - literally proving that it was impossible ould pass the threshold. With limitation dilemma you would hardl find a solictor that will represent on no win no fee or damage based arrangement regrettably. I would recommend that you use the Law society Find Soliitorfacility or check with or lpclegal they may be able to assist. Any follow up do not hesitate to send your message. All the best.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi thanks for the very prompt reply . Can I enquire , the limitation is classed as the last act which would fall under the terms. In my view the treatment has continued and can be shown through out the grievance process up till April this year. Where would the limitations draw the line. Or is it worth just pursing some sort of claim relating to the way the organisation has acted throughout the grievance process . Thanks

Limitation is counted from when the event commenced not when ir ended, so where an employer procrastinates on dealing with a grievance you would be advised to contact ACAS and to gt the Early Conciliation Certificate and file your claim to protect the limitation and then you request a stay of proceedings whilst waiting for the grievance to conclude. With the ET claims being free to file any solicitor seeing merit in a claim and seeing that limitation is near would guide you to file to protect your position.

SolicitorRM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you