How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15894
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

My ex partner has taken the log books to my vehicles and put

Customer Question

My ex partner has taken the log books to my vehicles and put a crook lock on one so I can’t drive it , can he do this ? He’s on bail for domestic violence
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the domestic abuse charges?
Customer: Not as yet he is on extended bail while they continue investigations,
JA: Where did the domestic abuse occur?
Customer: in my home
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think so
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.


Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Are the vehicles registered in your name?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
they are
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
He took them with police in attendance saying it was his property
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.


If the vehicles are registered in your name, NO, he cannot do this.

I would suggest you do the following:

1. Report the matter to the Police.

2. Apply for new V5 documents from DVLA

3. Possibly obtain a non molestation order against the former partner.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have a non molestation order in action although I can’t put it to the courts until his bail finishes , thank you I shall put something in writing to his solicitor
Expert:  INC Law replied 15 days ago.

It's a pleasure.

Good luck!