INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

How do you have to give tenants notice to leave a property

Customer Question

how long do you have to give tenants notice to leave a property on a 12 month contract and does it have to be in writing
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: northern Ireland
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  INC Law replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate and will be assisting you with your question today.

At present, under the Covid rules, if you are serving a Section 21 Notice, you will have to give at least 4 months Notice to the tenant.  At the end of the 4 month Notice period, if the tenant has not vacated the premises, you will have to apply to court for an Order for Possession.

I hope this answers your question, If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks.