How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2814
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I had an electrician to rewire my house he left plugs loose,

Customer Question

I had an electrician to rewire my house he left plugs loose, had another guy out to check my consumer unit, he was horrified said the house would go up in flames if it was left,he sorted the unit but the wiring was never finished safe, I paid him in full when challenged him he said his solicitor would send me a check, seen him since he said tough.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Blackpool
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I went to advice bureau then the virus stopped all.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 16 days ago.


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Is it case the person that agreed to return money to you has failed to do so to date and you wish to know how to recover the same?

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 16 days ago.

My answer is based on the assumption you need to recover money owed to you.

I suggest you undertake the following steps: Draft a letter to the letter and at the top of the letter put the following words in big bold print LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Within the letter describe the agreement and most importantly why the amount in question is owed to you. The letter needs to demand payment within 14 days and say that if they do not pay you, you will issue county court proceedings against them. Further in the letter inform the person that if court proceedings are commenced you will seek interest on the amount owed. Send the letter via post(recorded delivery and email too) Hopefully the letter will compel a response from the debtor very quickly. Assuming the person does not respond to the letter or a resolution is no met within 14 days from the date of the letter I suggest you consider commencing court proceedings using the link A user guide for the link to assist you with the court procedure is noted below:

If you win then once you have the CCJ from the court the defendant has 14 days to pay in full. If they do not then it gets registered with the credit agencies after 30 days. You may find they just pay you after receiving the letter before action – hopefully they will want to avoid litigation.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thank you and stay safe.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 16 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Iv already sent him recorded delivery, he refused to sign it came back to me, can't get to court they not open to public, should I take him to court.