MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
109551472

I have been informed that my daughter has been included in

Customer Question

I have been informed that my daughter has been included in her grandmothers will and is set to inherit 30,000 or somewhere in that region. My daughter is 8 years old. I am a single lone parent receiving universal credit for longterm health issues. Do I need to declare it if I accept it on her behalf? Im not sure if it is to be held in trust which is what i would prefer as the reading of the will hasn't taken place yet. It would be my daughters money. Thanks
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: United kingdom
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: For what?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry I forgot to add that the money would be in my daughters bank account not mine
Expert:  MarianC replied 10 days ago.

Good morning thank you for your question. Yes you are correct the money must be held on trust for your daughter until she is 18 or any other age stated in the Will. Either the executors will open an account for her, or possibly they may pass the money to you to invest for her (this is not the usual case). In any event the money does not belong to you so it will not affect your benefits.

kind regards

Marian

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thats great. Many thanks Marian. Take care
Expert:  MarianC replied 10 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** need any further assistance?