Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Afternoon I am going in for a mortgage as homeless but it's

Customer Question

Afternoon I am going in for a mortgage as homeless but it's going against me being homeless is there a solution to this for me to get a mortgage
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have done credit checks and mortgage advisor said that im not on electoral list
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Up the valleys aberdare, I have seen a few properties but early days doing a mortgage
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thats it if they could suggest something
Expert:  Stuart J replied 12 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

To clarify - you are working and can afford a mortgage?
and where are you living at moment?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
im working, I have no fixes address sofa surfing
Expert:  Stuart J replied 12 days ago.

All mortgage applications are based upon credit scoring.

Don’t expect anything to be logical.

Some years ago I was moving to a smaller house and taking on a smaller mortgage.  Halifax building society.

My mortgage had been with them for 10 years and had been squeakyclean.  Never missed a beat.

I got turned down by Halifax for the smaller mortgage because I didn’t have 3 years accounts having only been self-employed for 18 months.  No logic at all.

You are going to need to get an address and it’s highly likely that you are going to need that address to have been your address for 6 months.  You could rent a property and that would be perfectly acceptable as the friend who you are staying with will not let you use their address.

Not being on the electoral roll is not a bar to getting a mortgage but along with no fixed address, it’s a couple of nails in the coffin.

I’m sorry to say that there is no short way of dealing with this except to say, “get an address”.

I know it might seem a rather obvious answer but that, in all honesty, is the answer.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have