MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I do not know my Social Security number and don't know where

Customer Question

I do not know my Social Security number and don't know where to find it.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Silloth, Cumbria CA7 4BB
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have searched most of my o hand documents but can only find my N.I. number.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My name is***** and my date of birth is 05/05/1950
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Social Security numbers are an american version of the National Insurance Number. Are you a US Citizen?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no

If you are not a US citizen you will not has a Social Security Number, instead you will have a National Insurance Number.

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear I will be happy to assist you further.